Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Age Of Peace and Understanding


It took words to bring me back.

It took words to bring me back to the Jekyll 
to my Hyde.
The pride's always been there
but
It's no longer a garment
I have to wear.
Now it just sits on shoulders
and plays games with my reactive state
like it's last name's Holder 
And I live in Texas.
But I digress,
Without the need to give 
my Alter-ego room to press
or
 entertain the thoughts 
of 
"Did I Impress"
You.
There's no more war 
between these opposing sides of my nature,
Just understanding 
that each has it's place 
and my daily state 
is not focused on fear 
of an calculated pace.
Age has given me comfortability
in viewing a future 
through the fractured glass of fragility.

It took words to bring me back to 
living for that moment.
The moment that's organic
and my nature 
which in the past has been Frantic
is laid to rest. 
All I experience from this point on
is pleasure in the Pure
and that energy is static.  
 Everything doesn't have to make sense,
I can just wade in the waters 
of not always controlling 
every aspect of my destiny 
and that's fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment